Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sock Scandal


I think I experienced my first heart attack this morning in my journey into work. I saw a girl wearing black peep toed Chanel knock offs, and some navy wool socks. Cut to my heart ceasing to beat and me gasping for air.

I sat down and performed a breathing exercise to keep the room from spinning.

Trying to give her benefit of the doubt,I carefully researched color blindness statistics in women and learned that it is very unlikely that she in fact is color blind, because it is more predominant in men. With this helpful tid-bit I was able to draw the conclusion that this know-nothing willingly paired black with navy.

While I am concerned about her poor decisions in color pairing, I'm more greatly concerned with the fact that this ding dong was wearing socks with open toed shoes. Wool socks for that matter,we live in Los Angeles not the Alaskan tundra .

If some of you have been inhabiting the same cave that this girl was obviously living in, let me go ahead and clarify this for you: if you are going to wear a shoe that shows any part of your toes, you should not be wearing anything but the shoe. No socks (wool or otherwise), no pantyhose (those are over), nothing. Some people try to argue that you can wear some chic leggings...no bitch, you can't. The whole purpose of a "peep toe" is so that we can catch a glimpse of you little piggies, not you K-Mart "Bare Necessities" brand nylons.


While this girl was a violent offender of this rule, she is not the worst. The worst would be the teenage girls that were shopping the mall the other day wearing tube socks with their gladiator sandals. I understand that their teenage angst may pardon their foul moods at times, but there is only so much you can blame on the hormones, there is no excuse for this footwear faux pas.

I may being praying a rosary for these victims.


I find no room for negotiation on this matter, and while some of you bravely defend your clogs and tube tops, let it be known that out of any of my rants, this one is ranking supreme.

Loving you long time.

xoxo
William

No comments:

Post a Comment