Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bridget the Fancy Feast-er

I was talking to Bridget today. She quoted a line from Disney's "Bambi", she referred to some one being "twitterpated". I thought that this was a cross between the words 'to twitter' and 'masturbate', like, he got so excited about how many followers he had he started twitterpating about it. This is not the case. Apparently, to be twitterpated means to be excited or overly zealous about something or someone, it was used by Thumper the Rabbit in Bambi, which just goes to show that you are never too old to learn new things everyday.

She mocked me for not knowing this quote, because I am a self declared Disney fanatic, and it seemed that I had lost my touch. I, however, could not bear to watch this movie, or Dumbo. I hated that both of them lost their mothers (even if Dumbo did finally get reunited), and that in turn caused me to have a fear for most of my youth, of being obsessed with the thought I was going to lose my Mommie Dearest. So, Miss Amy cut me off of the depressing shit.

Bridget, now feeling awkward by my informing her of my inability to cope with these cartoon tragedies, felt obligated to contribute something strange about her childhood that would make me feel a little bit better about being the perfect Zoloft candidate at 4 years old. And boy did she deliver. This is what I got.

"Don't worry. When I was younger I used to lick my hand after feeding the cats."
"WHAT? Like after handling the food?"
"Don't judge me Mama's boy."

Touché.

xox.
William

*EDIT* After reading this entry my friend Bailey informed me that she "once" urinated in a pizza box as a child.

"When I was a kid for some reason I peed in a pizza box one time, and the threw it away in my kitchen I was a weird kid"

This leads me to the question...weren't we all weird kids? Tell me what you did that was weird..leave a commentskies!

3 comments:

  1. i did too many weird things to list. i had a mortal fear of asteroids then of werewolves which resulted in two sleepless years. are the two connected? Tell me, Dr. Will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,
    I think more people should be terrified by asteroids, a recent scientific study has shown that 1-in-50,000 deaths each year are from getting hit by an asteroid. The werewolfs are also not that uncommon to be afraid of, but I am not going to lie, after seeing some of these pictures of the werewolf from the Twilight saga, you may change your mind...

    And that's what Dr. Will has to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so when I was little.... i did a lot of weird things... one particular thing that comes to mind.. was one faithful Easter, Mama Denks dressed me up in the finest Easter gear.... beautiful frilly purple dress. Equipped with my boy bowl cute hair-do... I was a sight to see.... Anywhoo, I decided to go on a little stroll in my front yard before making an appearance at my family Easter dinner. In front of me, I saw a robin's egg! A little, blue, robin's egg! It must have just fallen from its warm basket in the tree, and unfortunately came into my path that day. For some odd reason, I thought that if I sat on this robin's egg, I could hatch it. I sat my frilly little bottom on this poor egg, and proceeded to "warm" it up. Right when I stood up to sneak a peak and the beautiful bird that I thought was going to emerge, I found yellow, gook.... ALL over my Easter gown. I was traumatized, and my mother was furious.

    :(

    ReplyDelete