Saturday, January 30, 2010

Clothing Catastrophe

I hope that all of you have seen the film Legally Blonde. Remember when Warner broke up with Elle and she had spent all day picking out her outfit because she was planning on him proposing to her at the same restaurant that Madonna went into labor at? Well, he didn't propose, he in fact broke her heart, and soundly dropped her off at the front door and sped off. Well, these turn of events made that dress and new pair of pumps that she had been so sure were THE ones she wanted to be proposed to in, absolutely intolerable. In my mind, Elle, after climbing back up the spiral stair case of her sorority house, promptly went into the bathroom, and burned that hot pink cocktail dress in the bathtub fueling it with the perfume Warner bought her for Christmas. This of course, may not have happened, but it very possibly could have, and very well should.

Clothing is supposed to make you feel put together, beautiful, and confident(which, is why it kills me when people wear overalls with Eeyore or other such fictional characters embroidered on them..GAG..but that is a different story). But when we, like Elle Woods, are forced to go through traumatic experiences like break ups or something of another caliber it is my belief that we should immediately get rid of that outfit. I don't care if it is your favorite pair of jeans, or your most comfortable sweater, get rid of it. You will never have as enjoyable of an experience if you wear something that was present at the time of a traumatic occurrence.

I am speaking from experience, trust me. Today I wore this pink plaid shirt that used to be so cute to me, and I loved it, and I felt good in it, but then, one fateful day last August, I had an atrocious experience in it, and haven't worn it since. I was out of clean clothes today, and found that it was hanging in my closet. I decided, against my better judgement, to wear it, and all I day, all I could think about was that one day last August and it made me have a terrible mood. I now hate that shirt. I am throwing it away. By hanging on to it I am only hanging on to that memory, that I would much rather forget. It is cluttering my life, and closet space (which is limited as it is).

So, friends, I urge you, please make yourselves happy and get rid of all you bad memory clothing. Burn it, throw it away, donate it, for all you know, this unlucky blouse maybe someone else's blessing, but don't keep it. You are all to amazing and beautiful to be tied down by the bad memories that your fabrics can hold against you.

I am hoping this post makes sense. It is late, and it sounded good in my head. Loving you always! 12 hours before I am on the road to Vegas for Miss America!!

xox Opossums!!
William

No comments:

Post a Comment